March 16, 2012


Post Thesis Haze

Things have been sort of (read: completely) crazy around here. My thesis performance went up Wednesday night, so that’s now finished. And the next couple days I’ll be focused on relaxing and picking up all the balls I dropped over the last few weeks. Including, but not limited to, laundry, cleaning, knitting, blogging, and reading for other classes, before I start focusing on the written portion of my thesis.

I think, I’m going to try and gather a bunch of the photos of the performance and accompanying exhibit into a post, probably early next week. Even though there’s no knitting, there are pretty dresses, and who doesn’t like some pretty every now and then.

Anyway, even with the thesis monopolizing my life I have gotten some knitting done mostly in bits and pieces, a podcast here, 15 minutes there. (Much like this post in fact, a sentence here, a paragraph there, so if it sounds a bit disjointed and abrupt in places, that’s why.)

Both the “Big Orange Blob” and the second pair of potato chip mittens are off the needles.

I’m going to try to weave in the ends, wash and block them both over the weekend. Since I spent the morning cleaning, I now have the floor space to block a shawl again.

Ghosts & Mirrors is coming along. I’m finding that it takes a special level of concentration, so I’m not spending much time working on it. But since it’s only 100 stitches or so across, the small amount of attention I have given it, really shows.

I’m into the bust increases on my Not Quite Argyle Jacket. Even though I probably won’t get to wear it until fall at this rate, it’s still a fun, and semi-brainless knit that I can pick up and put down easily, which I exactly what I need right now.

And finally you haven’t seen this before, but I’m probably about 2/3rds or maybe 3/5ths through this braid of Fibernymph Dye Works BFL, colorway “Incarnation, the lighter.” I’m planning to do a gradient two ply, so I’m spinning all of the colors separately. I’ll then ply each one from a center pull ball, probably with a section between each color where one ply is one color and the other is the other color to smooth the transition.

Well, that’s all for now. I’ll try and get the thesis post up, and maybe FO posts for the mittens and big orange blob next week.