Hopefully I’ll get better at updating once the semester is done and there is less crazy. But for now at least sporadic updates (hopefully at least twice a week) is all I can manage.
Not a huge amount has happened on the design front because I had an 8 page paper due Friday, which in reality was an 11 page paper, because I found I kept having more to say, and today I finished the first of 5 large final projects.
Wednesday I charted out the pattern for the Dancing Girls Scarf, and wrote up the pattern. It turns out I had written out the pattern before, but in a very unclear and messy sort of way. So I found it easier just to rewrite the pattern. Thursday I charted, then swatched, then ripped for a dragonfly inspired tam that I have floating around in my brain. Friday my brain was so fried after the paper that I just wrote out a few descriptions for some projects. Saturday was spent doing a bunch of little things, like knitting a stockinette gauge swatch to fill in the gauge for one pattern, adding a few things to one or two charts, and I started writing up the pattern for a fair isle bag that I knit my mother for Christmas last year. Sunday I finished up writing and charting the fair isle bag and started the swatch for Cables and Lace. The swatch is stalled, because I’m not sure if the yarn really wants to be a shawl. Monday I spent about 15 minutes on a swatch for a new shawl (not cables and lace). While, today was spent writing up and charting the pattern for a colorwork collar/cowl/thing.
Tomorrow will hopefully be sunny so I can take pictures and write an update on the art/crafting side of things.